It’s that time of the year again…
Every year, I make this whole long list of petty things that I want to accomplish within the next year, but this year is different. I had a lot of things happen to me within the last year that turned my arguably pretty perfect life upside down. This year has by far been the hardest, and worst year of my life. 2015 put things into perspective for me. It made me endure a lot of hurt and pain. It made all of those stupid twitter things about hurting, and relationships, and life, real. The best thing about 2015 is that I survived. I made it through, and I am positive that 2016 will be better, because at this point, it couldn’t get any worse. So here they are: my new year’s resolutions… the petty, and the real.
- Lose 10 pounds
- Try vegetarianism
- Join a sorority
- Get a higher GPA than fall semester
- Get a tattoo
- Win a Big10 championship (rowing)
- Design something cool
And the Real:
- Develop a healthier lifestyle
- Create lifelong friendships
- Perform to the best of my ability
- Remember the past, and anticipate the future
- Make memories with my teammates
- Grow as a designer, and design something worthwhile
- Let loose, live a little, have more fun
- Remember there is always something positive
- Know it’s okay to have a bad day, or a bad week, but don’t let myself let it turn into a bad month.
- Try new things
- Know it’s okay to not have a schedule
- Control my anxiety
There ya go. Hopefully, I’ll see this list develop and grow within the next year. What are everyone else’s resolutions?!?